Environmental Research & Innovation Centre
The Environmental Research & Innovation Centre (ERIC) is focused on advancing understanding of key environmental challenges of major economic and societal importance in the 21st century.
Researchers in within the ERIC work in one of two groups: Sustainable Environments and Infectious Diseases.
Researchers in the Sustainable Environments Group study:
- fisheries management, urban agriculture and contaminated agricultural systems,
- green infrastructure and urban ecosystem services,
- pollution and wastewater management, and
- biodiversity and conservation.
Researchers in the Infectious Disease Group study:
- crop and pollinator disease,
- zoonotic infections, and
- animal and plant diseases.
Researchers in both groups work closely with colleagues in the EERC’s sister Research Centre, the Biomedical Research Centre, others in the wider university, and as part of national and international collaborations.