The aim of the early career researcher (ECR) group is to further the career development and represent the interests of ECRs within the School of Health Sciences at the University of Salford. This is achieved through a number of key objectives:
- To dissemination opportunities (e.g. funding, experience, CPD etc) to ECRs in the School.
- To provide membership and networking opportunities with other ECRs within the school.
- To enable access to peer support from others within the school.
- To provide relevant training and workshop opportunities to ECRs within the school (e.g. funding, personal experiences, publication etc).
- For the chair to represent the views of the ECR group at School Research and Enterprise Committee (SREC).
The group typically meets five times per year, with each meeting in a seminar format with invited speakers to discuss research journeys, careers, funding, policies etc.