Foot and Ankle research
- How foot orthoses geometry affects plantar pressure, foot kinematics and muscle function.
- Use of 4D foot scanning to understand foot function and orthotic design
- Improving the design of work place footwear
- Optimised design of foot orthoses and footwear for offloading in diabetes
- Digital technologies for 3D printed foot orthoses
- Development of the foot in infancy (part of SMALL STEPS project)
- Health beliefs and behaviours in parents and professionals concerned with children’s foot health. (part of SMALL STEPS project)
- National Foot Orthotic Survey
- Evaluating the responsiveness of treatments on clinical and biomechanical outcomes in knee osteoarthritis
- The role of exercise and movement specificity on function and biomechanics in health and disease
- Development of an athletic movement screening profile for risk factors for patellofemoral pain syndrome
- The role of behavioural change in knee osteoarthritis when using interventions
- Use of combined therapies in knee related disorders
- Role of movement variability on injury risk
We are currently recruiting for a number of studies - if you wish to find out more information about the studies and would like to register your interest in participating, click here.