Skip to main content

Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA)

If you have followed every stage of the University’s student procedures (e.g. Academic Appeals, Academic Misconduct, Complaints, Disciplinary, Fitness to Practise etc) and you are not satisfied with the outcome, the Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA) which is the ombudsman for Higher Education may be able to undertake an independent review of your case.  You will need a letter from the University which states that you have completed the University’s internal complaints procedure.  Further information about the OIA’s scheme can be found at