School of Science, Engineering and Environment
I am Safwan Umer, Data Science Teaching fellow at University of Salford in the School of Science, Engineering and Environment.
I have gained MSc. Databases and Web-Based Systems with distinction from University of Salford in 2015. I am currently perusing my PhD in Computer Science from University of Salford.
I began my career in University of Salford Computer Science department as a Programme Tutor in January 2018. I also have around 5 years of Industry experience as Data Scientist and Software Engineer.
Areas of research
Data Mining, Knowledge Engineering, Data Science Predictive Analytics, Complex Network Mining, Heterogenous Network Analysis
Areas of supervision
Data Mining, Predictive Analytics and Heterogenous Network analysis
- Principles of Data Science
- Data Mining and Machine learning
My research interests are Heterogenous Network analysis, Knowledge Engineering, Natural Language Processing, and Data Mining.
- PhD in Computer Science, University of Salford (ongoing)
- MSc. Databases and Web-Based Systems, University of Salford, 2014
- MSc. Information Technology Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad Pakistan,2011