School of Health and Society
Senior Lecturer & Clinical Placement Coordinator
Mike came to Salford in 1999 from clinical practise. As the Clicial Lead MSK physiotherapist at Blackpool Victoria he was one of the first physiotherapists in the UK to gain the Diploma in Injection Therapy. Coming to teach MSK across the BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy programme Mike maintains an input at all levels Mike became clinical lead for the Physiotherapy programme in 1999 and has worked to successfully provide excellent workplace learning opportunities for the BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy students.
In 2001 Mike became the UK coordinator of the European Network of Physiotherapy in Higher Education before stepping down to deputy coordinator in 2007. Having been instrumental in the development of the CSP accreditation of clinical education process, in 2011 Mike became co-chair of the CSP Practice Education Forum where he is looking to develop a national assessment document for physiotherapy clinical placements.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Practise Based Learning 1, 2, 3 & 4 Module leader
- Practise Based Learning Educators Programme Leader
- Sitting postures for LBP & Neck pain
- Workplace education
- The diagnosis & Treatement of temporo-mandibular joint pain
- MSc. Dip. RG & RT
- Dip. Injection Therapy
- Dip. Orthopaedic Medicine
- Cert. Health Service Management.
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council