School of Health and Society
Lecturer in Social Work
Marie joined the University of Salford in 2013 as a seminar leader on the undergraduate social work degree and became a Lecturer on the social work programme in 2014. Marie completed her undergraduate degree, Social Studies, at Hull University and her Masters degree and social work qualification at Birmingham University. Marie is a Registered social worker with experience in residential care prior to qualifying and in Age Concern on first qualifying. The majority of her social work experience has been local authority practice experience as a social worker, Senior Practitioner, HIV and AIDS Coordinator, Team Manager and a professional post in Learning and Development before joining the University in 2013. Her social work practice was mainly with people with a physical disability, chronic health problems, acquired brain injury and terminal illness. Marie is an experienced Practice Educator and worked with many students during her time in front line practice. She now undertakes the role of Off Site Practice Educator. Marie spent 3 years as a Trustee of a local charity supporting people with a severe Learning Disability and complex needs.
Marie delivers a 5 day course teaching qualified social workers working in external partner organisations to prepare them to become Practice Educators assessing social work students on placement. She also delivers a 2 day course teaching people who are going to be On Site Supervisors for social work students on placement. In addition Marie also provides a range of activities and opportunities to Practice Educators to support their continuing professional development and maintain currency and quality according to national standards.
- BA (Hons) Social Studies: Hull University
- Master of Social Science (Social Work): Birmingham University
- Certificate of Qualification in Social Work: Birmingham University
- Practice Teaching Award CCETSW
- Post Qualifying Award in Social Work CCETSW
- Certificate and Diploma in Counselling CENTRA
- Graduate Certificate in Management and Leadership: Manchester Metropolitan University
- Level 4 Diploma in Management: Chartered Management Institute
- Registered as a social worker with Social Work England