School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Lecturer Construction Management
Christine is a multi-skilled construction project manager with 360-degree international experience, having been responsible for the delivery of new build, refurbishment & fit-out projects for prestigious public & private sector clients; she has managed major projects from inception to completion, taking personal responsibility for programme, budget & quality deliverables.
Christine is a highly motivated leader of professional teams & contractors’ personnel; she has been innovative in the establishment of professional services, systems, procedures & training.
As a Lecturer Christine specialises in Construction, Project & Facilities Management, research active particular to best practice, collaborative working & employability.
Christine is a Trustee of the Chartered Institute of Building and a past Chair of the London & Dubai branches, she is a STEM ambassador & recognised industry role model seeking to promote the Built Environment & initiatives for young persons.
Christine was a member of the Latham Working Groups pertaining to Partnering and Equal Opportunities & is the current Chair of the UKBIMAlliance Community specific to BIM4FM; she is an advocate of CPD, as an active participant in both delivery & provision.
Christine promotes best practice, specific to process, procedures & the management of people, & has taken a considered change of direction to realise these goals; the academic environment now provides the best vehicle for the impartation of her professional expertise & the realisation of personal ambitions.
- Building Design & Maintenance; Building Law & Contract Administration
- Building Rehabilitation; Building Surveying Professional Practice
- Construction Management; Construction Management Professional Practice
- Cultural Context; Engineering Aspects of Design; Facilities Management
- Management Principles; People & the Built Environment; Project; Project Management; Sustainable Construction
- Collaborative Working
- Employability & Skillsets
- Information Modelling & Facilities Management
- Asset Management & Soft Landings
- Masters in Education - MEd
- Fellow & Trustee - Chartered Institute of Building
- Chair - UKBIM Alliance Community BIM4FM
- Liveryman - Worshipful Company of Constructors
- Lt Cdr (rtd) Royal Navy’s Reserve
- Teaching Fellow - FHEA