Book a specialist PC (including Macs)
What to expect: COVID-secure study spaces with specialist PCs including Macs are available in the Clifford Whitworth Library. To keep you as safe as possible while working in the Library, we’ve had to reduce the number of spaces available and our usual group-working and social learning spaces are not currently available. If you want to be guaranteed a space, it’s best to book in advance.
- You can only make one booking per day.
- You can book your study space by heading to our brand new booking system, where you will be able to reserve a spot for up to 2 hours at a time (and not to worry, your desktop will have a timer to help with time management). We will accept walk-ins where we have the space, but it is best to book in advance to avoid disappointment or having to wait!
- When you arrive, you will be greeted by a host and asked to provide your Student ID. You will also be asked for your details for ‘Track and Trace’ purposes. The friendly host will show you to your freshly sanitised study space.
- Once you are sat down at your chosen study area you can remove your face covering if you wish, however we ask that you continue to wear it when roaming around the space and using toilets and other services.
- Due to social distancing guidance, group working will not be permitted, and all spaces have a capacity of 1 person. – You can use the library floor plans (listed below) to help you choose a seat next to a friend or colleague (at a 2-metre distance).