Network username and password required off campus.
For alternative access, go to the EBSCOhost login page, select Login via Shibboleth, then search for University of Salford from the list of institutions.
Gain access to informative health literature with CINAHL, the authoritative resource for nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers. Offering complete coverage of English-language nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses' Association, this database covers nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines, and contains:
- Indexing for over 1,200 nursing journals and publications dating back to 1982.
- Over 250,000 records.
- Abstracts for over 250 journals, including over 450 author-supplied abstracts.
- Indexing for journals, books and book chapters, dissertations, selected conference proceedings, standards of practice, pamphlets, educational software packages and audiovisual material.
- Internal subject thesaurus with over 7,000 terms—2,000 unique to CINAHL
The Library has a guide to using EBSCO for health and social care.
These videos will help you to get the most from CINAHL
Getting started with EBSCO : this video uses the database CINAHL and examples from health and social care.
- Creating search histories in EBSCO
- Saving searches in EBSCO
Biosciences; Counselling and Psychotherapy; Human Biology; Learning Disabilities; Midwifery; Nursing; Occupational Therapy; Physiotherapy; Podiatry; Prosthetics and Orthotics; Psychology; Public Health; Radiography; Social Work; Sport; Trauma and Orthopaedics; Wildlife and Zoology