Senior Lecturer, Placement Coordinator
I began teaching after 21 years' occupational therapy experience in physical rehabilitation, specialising in hand injuries, burns, orthopaedics, wheelchair assessment and palliative care. I worked in various settings including the NHS, a Ministry of Defence joint forces rehabilitation unit and a charitable setting, holding both clinical and managerial roles which involved establishing new occupational therapy services.
I teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level and supervise MSc Dissertation students; I am currently responsible for placement education, assessments PDP within the Directorate of Occupational Therapy. My research interests lie in rheumatology and cancer survivorship. External to the University I sit on Fitness to Practise panels at the Health and Care Professions Council.
Level 4: Occupation, Health and Function (module leader)
Level 6: Competence in Practice (module leader)
All levels: placement preparation
Placement education and rheumatology
Qualifications and Memberships
MSc Professional Development
Registered Occupational Therapist (HCPC)
- Hammond A. Jones V & Prior Y (2016) The effects of compression gloves on hand symptoms and hand function in rheumatoid arthritis and hand osteoarthritis: a systematic review. Clinical Rehabilitation 30(3) 213-224
- Davys D & Jones V (2011) Peer Observation: a tool for continuing professional development. In Hong C & Harrison D (Eds) (2011) Tools for Continuing Professional Development, 2nd edition, Salisbury: Quay Books
- Davys D & Jones V (2011) Peer Observation: a tool for continuing professional development. In Hong C S& Harrison D (Eds) (2011)Tools for Continuing Professional Development, 2nd edition.Salisbury: Quay Books
Rheumatology 2014, the British Society for Rheumatology and British Health Professionals in Rheumatology's annual conference, April/May, 2014 ACC, Liverpool
(1) A systemative review of compression gloves in arthritis: Hammond A, Jones V & Prior Y
(2) Reliability of three objective hand measures: joint circumference, composite finger flexion and the Grip Ability Test. Hammon A, Jones V & Prior Y