Postgraduate research opportunities for enrollment onto PhD for international students is actively encouraged through application on the Research Centre website. Intakes are October, January, April and July.
Some of our most popular undergraduate and postgraduate courses for international students include:
- MSc Public Health – attracts students from around the world and adopts a multi-disciplinary, evidence-based approach, focusing on the social determinants of health.
- MSc Advanced Physiotherapy - educates students to be independent reflexive practitioners who are willing to challenge, and keen to implement practice that is reasoned, evidenced based and takes account of the wider perspective.
- MSc Media Psychology – this course is multi-disciplinary, combining psychological theory with social sciences, media and communication studies. The course applies psychology to media provision and consumption and applications are considered from a wide range of disciplines.
- MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy – a distance learning course that provides the opportunity for occupational therapists to study alongside peers from a variety of international cultures, and in doing so become practitioners at the forefront of their discipline.
- MSc Trauma & Orthopaedics - provides health professionals with a critical understanding of the knowledge of current advances in orthopaedics and sports trauma and the ability to apply this to a range of complex patients. It is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons.
- MSc Podiatry – this new programme allows students to gain the standards of proficiencies required to obtain Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration, while gaining an MSc in Podiatry. The course has also been approved by the HCPC and the College of Podiatry.
- BSc Physiotherapy allows students to gain the standards of proficiencies required to obtain Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration. It is accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- BSc Occupational Therapy allows students to gain the standards of proficiencies required to obtain Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration. It is accredited by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
We currently offer Summer Schools in all our main programme specialities, and examples of CPD/training that we offer are below;
- Diabetes and diabetic screening
- Prosthetics and limb fitting
- Lifestyle, Obesity & Fitness
- Trauma and Orthopaedics
- Geriatric Medicine
- Rehabilitation through Functional Electrical Stimulation