Lecturer in Nursing (Children and Young People's Nursing)
Prior to becoming a Lecturer in Nursing Elizabeth worked as a Children and Young People's nurse and developed to Ward Manager status. She has worked in a range of clinical practice contexts including: Intensive Care, High Dependency Care and General Paediatrics. As a Lecturer Elizabeth teaches predominantly pre-registration student nurses on a range of programmes, she also acts as a Lead University Link Lecturer, linking with clinical areas who provide placements for student nurses.
- Pre-registration nursing
- Specific interests in Health Care Law and Ethics; Virtue Ethics and Values particularly the development of courage in student nurses.
- Lead University Link Lecturer for the Royal Oldham Hospital and Children and Young People Services across the Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
- Member of the pre-registration nursing BLS team
- Health care law and ethics,
- professional values,
- pre registration nursing,
- children and young people nursing.
Particularly research interests include the development of moral courage in student nurses and the connection between educational and nursing philosophies. Involved in the development of emotional touch point writing and personal nursing philosophy statement development to aid the cultivation of professional values and moral integrity in student nurses.
Qualifications and Memberships
Registered Nurse - Adult, Registered Nurse - Children, ENB 415 - Intensive Care Nursing of Children, BSc Hons - Nursing Studies, PGCHEPR - Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Practice and Research, MA - Health Care Ethics and Law.
Lee, A.; Charnock, E. and Miller, A. (2015) Preparation and use of resuscitation equipment to assess and treat children in emergency situations. Nursing Children and Young People. 27, 2, 30-27.
Charnock, E. and Owens, D. (2014) Patient Consent Survival Guide. Routledge: Oxon.
Charnock, E.; Lee, A. and Miller, A. (2013) Recognising the Acutely Ill Child Survival Guide. Pearson: Essex.