Lecturer in Social Work
I have been a qualified social worker since 1998, having gained 15 years post qualifying experience in social work and social work management before becoming a social work academic. My research interests include Family Group Conferences and strengths based approaches to practice, young people missing from home and the transition from social work practice to academia.
- Teach on Step Up to Social Work programme
- Teach Family Group Conferences, Strengths Based Practice and Restorative Approaches
- Module Lead for Ideological Development of Social Work Practice
- Children and families social work
- Restorative practices
- Strengths based approaches
- Family group conferences
- Poverty and social work
Currently I am undertaking research in the following areas:
- Family Group Conferences
- Poverty and Social Work
- The Transition from Social Work Practice to Academia
Qualifications and Memberships
HCPC registered, HEA Fellow, BASW member.
Parkinson, K. & Rogers, M. (2017), 'Exploring approaches to child welfare in contexts of domestic violence and abuse: family group conferences" ', Child and Family Social Work, 1-8.
Parkinson, K & Edwards, D 2016, 'Family Group Conferences and Safeguarding Children', Seen and Heard, 26(3), pp.38-53.