Lecturer in Counselling and Psychotherapy/Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
I teach counselling and psychotherapy subjects across a number of programmes within the school of Health and Society, module leading Therapy Ethics and Human Rights and Frontiers in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
I manage external supervisors for students undertaking their professional practice placements and manage student placements for the MSc Cognitive Behavioural therapy.
Within my clinical practice I provide a range of psychological services including assessment, treatment, evaluation audit and training. I specialise in complex trauma and rehabilitation, utilising CBT, EMDR and other therapeutic approaches for a wide range of mental health problems.
I provide supervision to peers and junior professionals.
- Module Lead BSc Counselling and Psychotherapy Therapy Ethics and Human Rights
- Module Module Lead MSc Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy Frontiers of CBP
- External Supervision Manager BSc Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Placement Manager MSc Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Athena Swan Award Team School of Health and Society
- Mental Health
Qualifications and Memberships
- Member of the British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapy (BABCP), Bury, UK
- Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist British Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapy (BABCP), Bury, UK
- Member EMDR Association UK and Ireland
- Accredited EMDR Therapist EMDR Association UK and Ireland
- Member of HAP (Humanitarian Assistance Programme) UK and Ireland
Beaumont, E & Rayner, G & Durkin, M & Bowling, G 2017, 'The effects of Compassionate Mind Training on student psychotherapists', Journal of Mental Health Training, Education and Practice.