Festival of Entrepreneurship & Innovation
The Festival of Entrepreneurship & Innovation is a five-week virtual festival packed with a stellar range of keynote speakers, networking sessions and the introduction of the first Launch Global Programme for international students.
Where can you register for the event?
We’re managing the events through Eventbrite. You can grab your free ticket to any of the sessions during the Festival on Eventbrite.
Launch Business Incubator
Launch@SalfordUni is our purpose-built incubation space, located on the third floor of Maxwell Building, created to provide students and graduates with valuable skills to help grow and develop start-up businesses.
Launch is here to support your business ambition. Come and join us to begin your start-up journey. Express your interest in Cohort 7.
Why should you attend?
- Get the inside scoop of what it takes to successfully convert your business idea into reality from the people who have taken the plunge and have launched their start-up.
- Meet over 18 speakers and well-established entrepreneurs such as Vikas Shah MBE and John Roberts, the CEO of AO World.
- Get inspired and broaden your understanding of the business landscape in the post-pandemic era.
- Network with like-minded business professionals and social entrepreneurs who are supporting the local and the global community.
- Boost your employability prospects, stimulate your creativity and discover whether the entrepreneurship journey is the right path for you.
- Learn how to expand your business globally with our very first Launch Global Programme.
- Impress industry leaders while asking all the questions you have about your future career in our Q&A sessions.
- Each week has a unique theme focusing on one aspect of entrepreneurship, such as the Innovations for Future Living and Creative Entrepreneurship.
- Did we mention the Festival is free to attend? Take a look at the events now
Test your business ideas and enter one of our competitions during the Festival. You could be in to win one of our fantastic prizes but, at the very least, receive some feedback on your ideas that you can put to use in future.
Launch showcase competition
We have an exciting new opportunity to support existing and new Launch members with funding for their Start-ups and showcase the progress they have made over the last 3 years as part of the Launch business community.
Launch has received £17,000 pot of grants available to help Start-ups grow through funding the work of the team or covering vital equipment or materials needed for their business.
Creative business competition
The School of Arts, Media & Creative Technology are working with Launch to help support student start-ups.
We are looking for creative students with business ideas who are passionate and determined to make money from their work. You do not need to be the best business mind at this time, you just need to have exciting ideas and a creative vision. This competition will aim to help and support you to think about what you need to do to develop and succeed as a creative business and be in with the chance to win £1000 to help support you.