- EcoCampus Gold– campus environmental sustainability
- BS 7499 for static guarding and mobile patrol services
- BS 7958 for CCTV management, operation and code of practice
Our Awards and Recognition
Green Flag Award
In July 2019 the University received a prestigious Green Flag Award - the mark of a quality park or green space. You can find out more here.
Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards
Estates and Property Services. Shortlisted for Outstanding Estates Team, 2016, for the physical, organisational and reputational transformation of the University – including the build of the £81m student village and the £55million New Adelphi; annual carbon savings of 8 per cent (nearly 1,000 tonnes); and new campus-wide catering.
Green Gown Awards
- Keeping Salford Dry. Community, Winner 2016
- Danielle Butler, Sustainable Housing and Urban Studies Unit. Student Research, Winner 2016
- Salford ReUSe scheme. Facilities and Services, Finalist 2016
- Clever Classrooms in Sustainable Schools. Research and Development, Finalist 2015
- Diana Baker. Sustainability Champion, Finalist 2014
- The Salford Institute for Dementia and becoming a Dementia Friendly University. Social Responsibility, Finalist 2014
- State of the Art Carbon Savings. Carbon Reduction, Finalist 2014
- Creating a Carbon Saving Case Study on Campus. Carbon Reduction, Finalist 2014
- Trees for Printers: A reward for supporting sustainable change. Facilities and Services, Highly Commended 2013
- Salford Solar Research, Prototyping and Production Facility. Research & Development, Finalist 2013
- Developing an energy and low carbon professional development centre at the University of Salford – Energy Professional Development. Learning & Skills, Finalist 2013
- New Life for Old Pants! Promoting Positive Behaviour, Highly Commended 2012
- Energy House. Research and Development, Winner 2011
You can find out more about the Green Gown Awards here.
Security Officer of the Year
- Ian Kendall, Security Officer of the Year at the Association of University Chief Security Officers 2016
You can find out more here.
Vice Chancellor’s Awards
- 2015-16 Excellence in Customer Service Winner – Sports Team
- 2014-15 Employee of the Year Winner – Stephen Watling, Security Systems Engineer
- 2013-14 Employee of the Year Winner – John Barber, Handyperson
- 2013-14 Professional Services Team of the Year, Highly Commended – Accommodation Team
- 2013-14 Excellence in Customer Service Winner – Security Team
You can find out more about the Vice Chancellor's Awards here.
Please see our Environmental Sustainability Performance page.