Realising our Vision
In order to realise our vision Estates and Facilities Management will gather monthly Performance Indicators [PIs] for each of the hard and soft Facilities Management disciplines. This will be supplemented by customer feedback. The whole purpose of these initiatives is to learn from experience and continuously improve the service provided by Estates and Facilities staff. All defined targets are set between 90% and 100%.
In respect of completed project work, Estates Management will conduct Lessons Learned exercises with Project Sponsors.
Lessons learned aggregate scores September 2017
Lessons Learned Aggregate Scores January 2018
- Fairtrade University Status
- EcoCampus Silver – campus environmental sustainability
- BS 7499 for static guarding and mobile patrol services
- BS 7958 for CCTV management, operation and code of practice
Our Awards and Recognition
Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards
- Estates and Property Services. Shortlisted for Outstanding Estates Team, 2016, for the physical, organisational and reputational transformation of the University – including the build of the £81m student village and the £55million New Adelphi; annual carbon savings of 8 per cent (nearly 1,000 tonnes); and new campus-wide catering.
Green Gown Awards
- Keeping Salford Dry. Community, Winner 2016
- Danielle Butler, Sustainable Housing and Urban Studies Unit. Student Research, Winner 2016
- Salford ReUSe scheme. Facilities and Services, Finalist 2016
- Clever Classrooms in Sustainable Schools. Research and Development, Finalist 2015
- Diana Baker. Sustainability Champion, Finalist 2014
- The Salford Institute for Dementia and becoming a Dementia Friendly University. Social Responsibility, Finalist 2014
- State of the Art Carbon Savings. Carbon Reduction, Finalist 2014
- Creating a Carbon Saving Case Study on Campus. Carbon Reduction, Finalist 2014
- Trees for Printers: A reward for supporting sustainable change. Facilities and Services, Highly Commended 2013
- Salford Solar Research, Prototyping and Production Facility. Research & Development, Finalist 2013
- Developing an energy and low carbon professional development centre at the University of Salford – Energy Professional Development. Learning & Skills, Finalist 2013
- New Life for Old Pants! Promoting Positive Behaviour, Highly Commended 2012
- Energy House. Research and Development, Winner 2011
You can find out more about the Green Gown Awards here.
Association for Organics Recycling
- 2011 Food Waste recycling category, Highly Commended
You can find out more about the Association for Organics Recycling here.
- 2011 Best Outreach and Networking Award Runner-Up - Salford City Fairtrade Steering Group for joint Fairtrade Celebration event
You can find out more about the Fairtrade Foundation here.
Security Officer of the Year
- Ian Kendall, Security Officer of the Year at the Association of University Chief Security Officers 2016
You can find out more here.
Vice Chancellor’s Awards
- 2015-16 Excellence in Customer Service Winner – Sports Team
- 2014-15 Employee of the Year Winner – Stephen Watling, Security Systems Engineer
- 2013-14 Employee of the Year Winner – John Barber, Handyperson
- 2013-14 Professional Services Team of the Year, Highly Commended – Accommodation Team
- 2013-14 Excellence in Customer Service Winner – Security Team
You can find out more about the Vice Chancellor's Awards here.
Please see our Environmental Sustainability Performance page.