Salford Users Visiting Another Institution
Members of the University of Salford can use eduroam only when visiting another organization; however they should prepare their device before travelling.
University of Salford members who are not travelling should connect to UoS-WiFi in the usual way; in that case, do not attempt to connect to the eduroam network.
- If you are a Salford user connecting using Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 please use the setup instructions below to prepare your device before travelling.
- When you set up your connection initially, you will need to supply your University e-mail address and the password you use to login to University computers. Please ensure you enter the e-mail address correctly, including any letters, numbers and dots.
- Guides are available for:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- For Android, Apple iOS and OSX, simply connect to the eduroam network and enter your University e-mail address and use your usual login password you use to login to University computers. Please ensure you enter the e-mail address correctly, including any letters, numbers and dots. If prompted, always accept the certificate/continue.
- Note: some mobile devices require selection of PEAP/MSChapv2 in order to work.
- In all instances, you may be required to configure your device to point to the externally signed QuoVadis CA 3 certificate(s). See the guides above for how to configure this.
Users from Other Institutions Visiting Salford
Information on how to connect to the service should be available from your home organisation.
If you have any issues connecting to the eduroam service please see the Digital IT Service Desk Pages: https://www.salford.ac.uk/dit/help-and-support/service-desk/accordion/service-desk-introduction .
Please visit https://www.eduroam.org for more information.