Dr Godpower Chimagwu Enyi
Lecturer in Petroleum and Gas Engineering
I joined the University of Salford as a Lecturer in Petroleum and Gas Engineering in January 2012. Prior to my appointment, I was a PhD research student at the same University. During my studies, I extensively used Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) in the design and development of carbon dioxide effluent treatment unit in a Gas-to-Liquid (GTL) plant. Before coming to Salford, I worked at the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria as a lecturer in Petroleum and Gas Engineering. I also have over fifteen years industrial experience in gas plant operations and gas utilization. I worked as Plant Superintendent at National Fertilizer Company of Nigeria (NAFCON) and as the same position at Eleme-Indorama Petrochemical Complex, both in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
I am presently the BEng Petroleum and Mechanical Engineering programme coordinator at the University of Salford.
BEng Petroleum & Mechanical Engineering Programme. I teach the following modules:
CRN 32705: Overview of Petroleum Industry & Chemistry
CRN 32707: Geology & Geophysics
CRN 32706: Eng. Mat. & Petro. Group Design
Natural Gas Processing Technology and Economics
Qualifications and Memberships
BTech, MEng, PhD
Member Society of Petroleum Engineers (MSPE)
Member Nigerian Society of Engineers (MNSE)
- Enyi, C.G. and D. Appah “Economics of Conditioning Nigerian Natural Gas for Market” Paper SPE 98799 presented at the 29th Annual SPE International Technical Conference and Exhibition in Abuja, Nigeria, August 1-3, 2005.
- Enyi, C.G. and D. Appah “Reducing Foaming-Induced Losses in Gas Treating Facilities” Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No 2, 2007, pp 21 – 25.
- Enyi, C.G. and D. Appah “Maximizing Generated Energy Usage through Combined Cycle Cogeneration” Advanced Materials Research, Trans Tech Publications, Vols. 62-64, (2009) pp 569 – 575, Switzerland.
- G.C.Enyi, G.G.Nasr “Effluent Treatment of Waste Water, SPE Journal of Petroleum Technology, Vol. 64, No 4, pp 112 - 115.
- G.C.Enyi, G.G.Nasr and M.Burby “Economics of Waste Water Treatment in GTL Plant Using Spray Technique” International Journal of Energy and Environment, Vol. 4, Issue 2, 2013.
Refereed Conference: 2011-Present
- Enyi,C.G; M.Nagib and G.G.Nasr “A novel Approach to Effluent Treatment in Gas-To-Liquid (GTL) Plant” Paper IPTC 14215 presented at the 2011 International Petroleum Technology Conference, Bangkok, Thailand 15 -17 November 2011.
- G.C.Enyi, G.G.Nasr and M.L.Burby “Treatment of Waste Water Using Spray and Atomisation Techniques” 24th Annual Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems, San Antonio, TX, USA, May 2012.
- G.C.Enyi, M.El-Kamkhi, G.G.Nasr and M.L.Burby “Characterisation of Overlapping Flat Fan Sprays for Petroleum Application” 24th Annual Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems, San Antonio, TX, USA, May 2012.
- M.B.Abuhesa, G.G.Nasr and G.C.Enyi “Fine Spray Generation for Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes (SWCNT) Production” International Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems, Heidelberg, Germany, Sept 2 -6, 2012.
- G.C.Enyi, M.L.Burby, A.Nourian and G.G.Nasr “Removal of Scales in Petroleum Production Tubing utilising High Pressure Atomisers” International Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems, Heidelberg, Germany, Sept 2 -6, 2012.
- G.C.Enyi, G.G.Nasr, M.L.Burby and A.Abbas “Emission Reduction in GTL Facility Using Spray Techniques” (accepted) 25th Annual Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, May 2013.