Thank you for completing our Careers and Enterprise survey, and for entering into our prize draw to win a brand new tablet!
Please read the terms and conditions of entering into the prize draw below.
Find out more about the support available from the Careers and Enterprise team at salford.ac.uk/careers.
Terms and conditions
By completing the careers survey and opting in to enter the prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This prize draw is promoted and administered by the University of Salford (through its Marketing, Recruitment and External Relations (MRER) Directorate) of 43 The Crescent, Salford, M5 4WT.
- The prize draw will run until Friday 8 October 2021 23:59 BST. Entries made after this time will not be counted. No responsibility is accepted for any entries that we do not receive for any reason.
- To participate in this prize draw, you must complete the careers survey and opt in to agree to enter into the prize draw. Only those who have opted in to entering the prize draw will be eligible to take part. Entries submitted on behalf of another person and joint submissions are not eligible.
- The draw will take place on Wednesday 13 October 2021. One winner from valid entries will be selected at random by a computer to receive a prize of a tablet computer. Only one entry per survey will be considered. We do not provide any IT support for the prize and responsibility for the prize and warranties are for the winner.
- The prize draw is only open to undergraduate students who have accepted an offer from the University of Salford to start the first year of their course in the academic year 2021-2022. Proof of student/offer-holder status will be required before the prize is awarded.
- We will notify the winner on or before Monday 18 October 2021 by email (using the contact details provided at entry) and the winner must respond to us to claim the prize within one week of being notified. After this time the winner forfeits the prize and the University of Salford reserves the right to choose an alternate winner (in accordance with the same process described above).
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in this prize draw.
- Surveys must be completed in good faith and must not breach any law or any third party’s legal rights. Reponses must not be libellous, harassing, threatening, offensive or discriminatory on grounds of sex, religion, race, disability, sexual orientation or age. We reserve the right to exclude any entries which we believe to be in breach of these terms and conditions or to be fraudulent or based on misconduct.
- We reserve the right to cancel, suspend or modify the prize draw in whole or in part at any time without responsibility to participants. We are not responsible if events outside our reasonable control prevent us from running the prize draw or selecting the winner as intended and, in these circumstances, we may make such changes as we consider reasonable.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, personal injury or death that occurs as a result of the winner accepting the prize except where it is caused by our negligence.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned or exchanged for any cash alternatives.
- The winner’s full name will be published on our website and on our social media channels, which could include Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram, unless the winner objects.
- We may contact entrants to discuss their Survey entries, unless they object to us doing so.
- Any personal data relating to participants that is collected via the survey will be used solely in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act (2018) and will not be used for marketing purposes without their prior consent. You may withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read our Privacy Statement for more details.
- These terms and conditions, and the documents referred to in them, constitute the whole agreement relating to the prize draw. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time if it is reasonable for us to do so.
- The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and disputes subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If you have any questions, or wish to discuss anything with us, please contact email@example.com.