Work for yourself
Do you have a business idea that you need help with or are you looking to develop your business skills to make you more attractive to potential employers?
We can help you get your business idea off the ground
We are here to encourage and support individuals with a business idea, to develop their idea further, whether you want to work for yourself, start a social enterprise or work freelance.
Employers often look for students or graduates with an entrepreneurial mindset and adaptable business skills. They want people who can identify opportunities, demonstrate creative thinking and who are commercially minded. We run an exciting programme of events across the academic year providing opportunities for you to develop your business startup skills.
One to One Support
You can book a one to one with a Small Business Advisor to discuss your start up journey and receive business mentoring.
Start Up School
You can attend a full day's program of sessions including Masterclasses, discussions, Q&A panels with guest entrepreneurs. Start Up Schools are designed to help you to learn valuable skills that are essential for creating your own start up project, working for yourself or starting a business.
Exclusive pre-recorded Masterclasses on topics such as Business Planning, Market Research and Pitching are also available for you to view at your convenience online through your University Linkedin Learning account along with video tutorials and useful links and resources.
If you would like to be one of the first to know our latest news and events, sign up to our monthly newsletter.
We have a series of masterclasses on a wide range of topics designed to guide you through developing your skills and refining your idea, also available via LinkedIn Learning.
- Starts: 10 Feb 2023, 1:30 pmFinishes: 10 Feb 2023, 2:30 pmVenue: Peel Park Campus, Maxwell, LaunchRemaining places: 57Market Research
- Starts: 14 Feb 2023, 9:30 amFinishes: 14 Feb 2023, 3:00 pmRemaining places: 0Starting a business in the UK when you are an international is not always easy, this event is designed to guide you in this process, you will learn through a series of interactive workshops the skills needed to begin your business start-up journey.
- Starts: 4 Apr 2023, 1:30 pmFinishes: 4 Apr 2023, 2:30 pmRemaining places: 57Ideas Generation
- Starts: 28 Apr 2023, 1:30 pmFinishes: 28 Apr 2023, 2:30 pmRemaining places: 54Succeeding in Business when English is not your first language
- Starts: 16 May 2023, 1:30 pmFinishes: 16 May 2023, 2:30 pmVenue: Peel Park Campus, Maxwell, LaunchRemaining places: 60Market Research