Scavenger Hunt Terms and Conditions
To be entered into the Scavenger Hunt competition you must meet the following Terms and Conditions.
- The University of Salford is also referred to as “the University” and “we”
- Entrants are also referred to as “you” and “participants”
- The main Salford Scavenger Hunt competition is also referred to as the “Scavenger Hunt” and “the competition”
- The additional prize draw is also referred to as the “social media prize draw”
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be a current student registered at the University of Salford for the 2023/24 academic year.
- Entries must be submitted by 23:59 on Sunday 1 October 2023. Entries submitted after this date will not be eligible.
- Entrants must complete the Scavenger Hunt online entry form to enter the competition.
- A minimum number of questions must be answered correctly for entries to be eligible for the Scavenger Hunt prize draw. This is 50% of questions, rounding up if there are an odd number of questions (i.e. if there are seven questions, four questions must be answered correctly).
- There is a limit of one entry per person in the Scavenger Hunt. Multiple entries from the same person will be identified and only the last entry completed will be valid.
- Entrants to the social media prize draw must also have entered the main Scavenger Hunt competition. Entries to the social media prize draw must enter using the same entry form as their entry to the Scavenger Hunt. Entrants can post on either Facebook, X (formerly known as “Twitter”) or Instagram and must use the hashtag #SalfordScavengerHunt and tag either @studentsuos (on Facebook) or @uos_students (on X and Instagram). Accounts must be public for us to see any entries and thus be entered into the prize draw. Posts must remain visible on entrants’ accounts until the prizes have been drawn. Entrants must also follow the relevant account: @studentsuos (on Facebook) or @uos_students (on X and Instagram).
- Entries to the social media prize draw are limited to one per theme as outlined in the Scavenger Hunt instructions. The number of entries into the additional prize draw per participant is automatically calculated in the online entry form. There is a total limit of seven per participant.
- Only distance learner students as identified in University registration records are eligible to complete the distance learner entry form.
- There are three prize draws:
- Scavenger Hunt (new students)
- Scavenger Hunt (returning students)
- Additional prize draw
- Prizes for the Scavenger Hunt are as follows:
- First place: £100 Inspire credit
- Second place: £50 inspire credit
- Third place: £10 Salfood voucher
- Fourth place: £10 Salfood voucher
- Fifth place: £10 Salfood voucher
- There are five prizes for the social media prize draw: five eligible entrants will win one University of Salford merchandise item.
- The prizes are as stated; no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date contact details. The University cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information that affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- Winners for both the Scavenger Hunt and social media prize draws will be chosen at random from eligible entries. This will be done via an online number generator software.
- The winners will be notified via their University email address during the week commencing Monday 16 October 2023 with details on how to claim their prize.
- The winners must respond to this email by 15:00 on Friday 27 October 2023 to claim their prize. If there is no response, another winner will be randomly selected instead.
- The winners of the redrawn prizes must respond to their email by 17:00 on Sunday 5 November 2023 to claim their prize. If there is no response, another winner will be randomly selected instead.
- Winners of physical prizes must arrange a date to collect their prize from University House, Peel Park campus. The University are unable to deliver prizes except to distance learners who do not live within Greater Manchester.
- Physical prizes must be collected by 15:00 on Friday 17 November 2023 or they are forfeited. Winners may nominate another named person to collect their prize for them if they cannot collect it themselves. Winners take responsibility for the receipt of their prizes once the named person has collected the prize; the University is not liable for any undelivered prizes from the point of collection.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. We will notify entrants about changes by keeping this terms and conditions page updated and keeping a log of changes.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Any personal data relating to the participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
- We reserve the right to exclude entries that we believe to be inappropriate, fraudulent or might otherwise bring the University of Salford into disrepute.
- This competition is promoted and administered by the University of Salford’s Marketing, Recruitment and External Relations Directorate, Humphrey Booth House, The University of Salford, Manchester, M5 4PF.
- Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Last updated: Wednesday 1 November 2023 to include prize redraw response deadline.