Senior Research Development Manager
Vera is a highly experienced research development manager with in-depth technical knowledge of EU and UK research funding programmes and associated EU Commission and UK Government research policy, including strategic agendas such as ERA, REF, TEF, Impact, Open Access, Data Management, Athena Swan and the Researcher Development Framework (RDF).
She has 18 years’ experience of advising on and developing large-scale research projects and programmes, using a range of collaboration and funding mechanisms. This includes extensive experience of facilitating R&D collaboration between global university and industry partners and early career researchers’ mentorship in the areas of securing competitive research funding and proposal / project development.
- University- industry collaboration
- EU and UK research policy development
- Researcher development and mentoring
- Project co-creation and innovative project management methods
- Research leadership
Qualifications and Memberships
- Technology Transfer: Theory to Practice Practitioner; accredited by the Alliance of Technology Transfer Professionals (ATTP), July 2016
- Prince 2 PM Methodology; Managing Successful Programmes (MSP); Management of Risk (MoR) APMG Certified, July 2008 and Feb - July 2011
- Joint MA in English Philology and History, Palacky University, the Czech Republic (Distinction), June 2003
- MA in Contemporary European Studies and Politics, The University of Salford, UK, September 2000
- Joint BA in English Philology and History, Palacky University, the Czech Republic, September 1999