Paid internship opportunities for students and graduates
Please note: there is no longer any funding available for 2017/18. Funding will be available for 2018/19 from October 2018.
The Santander SME Internship programme is open to all University of Salford students and graduates.
The internships are based with small to medium sized employers (SME's) in the Greater Manchester area across a variety of sectors. The duration of the internships will be between 1-10 weeks based on the needs of the employer.
They are paid opportunities and you can earn £300 per week.
Please note: you can only work for one SME over the course of the internship programme. This ensures fairness for other students to benefit from the scheme.
What is an internship?
An internship is a short or fixed term period of supervised work experience that is usually related to your study and/or chosen profession or trade.
Why are internships important?
It is an excellent opportunity to gain invaluable first-hand experience within a real business, to use and develop your skills and to enhance your CV and employability. View success stories of students who have benefitted from an internship.
All live vacancies will be displayed below and you will need to log in to the website to view the opportunities and apply for the roles. By clicking on the links you will be forwarded to the login page. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues accessing the roles.
Alternatively, if you know of an SME in the local area that is looking to recruit a student or graduate on an internship you can put them in touch with the Employer Liaison Team to discuss the opportunity further: email@example.com or call 0161 295 0023 and select option 5.
Dates for the internships: vacancies will run October 2017 - October 2018. The vacancies are flexible and can be on a part time, full time basis, half time basis. Hours and duration can be discussed with the employer at interview.
Who is eligible to apply?
The internships are open to all students and graduates from the University of Salford who meet the following eligibility criteria and have not already benefitted from a Santander Internship.
Please note: these internship positions are based on a 35 hour working week or part time for 17.5 hours. Students in full time study can only embark on full time work over the inter-semester breaks. Students taking up part time work must ensure that it does not affect their studies. All applicants will require the necessary right to work in the UK and international students may be subject to visa restrictions - please check eligibility before applying. The employer will be responsible for carrying out a right to work check before you start your internship.
How do I apply for the scheme?
- Select the role you wish to apply for via our Vacancies page. Funded Internships will be labelled Santander.
- Please amend/create a CV or covering letter that is tailored to the role you are applying for. We have a number of online resources to help with this. Once you have done this, please book in for a CV review with a Careers Advisor here.
- Please email your completed CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment with the name and number of the role your are applying for in the subject line along with your student ID number.
- Your CV will be checked for suitability and we will let you know if it has been forwarded to the employer.
- The employer will contact you if you are successful, timescales may vary depending on the employer.