What is Unlocking Employability?
Unlocking Employability is a half-day careers event aimed at undergraduate and postgraduate taught students.
This is a great opportunity to work collaboratively with employers, careers and enterprise staff, returning placement students and work experience professionals, to better understand:
- The importance of work experience, placements, volunteering or entrepreneurial ways of working
- How to make connections and develop successful networks
- The labour market and internationalisation following Brexit
- Your rights at work and equality and diversity support
- How to bounce back from disappointments and develop resilience
- Ways to leverage social media effectively for job search
- All about managing expectations once in work
If you want to have the chance to talk informally with employers and students who have already been through the job seeking process, then this is just the event for you. By the end of this event, you will be able to make informed decisions on where you can find, apply for and make the most of placements and other forms of work experience, to enhance your employability and overall work readiness.
What can you get out of attending Unlocking Employability?
- Prospect of meeting speakers from a variety of sectors, all keen to provide industry insights
- Opportunity to make connections and extend your network
- Pick up ideas for placements or work experience opportunities
- Understand how work experience can develop your confidence and work readiness