How to prepare for the event
Attend Part Time Jobs Work Fair Preparatory Sessions
Proper preparation prevents poor performance!
Watch these film clips!
Learn the dos and don’ts of how to make that first impression count. To help you think about how you should prepare and behave/not behave when communicating with employers please watch these film clips that were created by Salford students, staff and by local employers (These may take a moment to run):
- Film Clip 1: How NOT to do it : Do Your Research!
- Film Clip 2: How NOT to do it : Engage In Conversation!
- Film Clip 3: How YOU CAN do it : First Impressions Count!
Many businesses at the fair will accept a copy of your CV.
- Create or update your CV: please use our guide to creating a CV.
- Visit the Careers & Employability at least a week before the fair to get your CV reviewed by a CV Consultant.
- Give yourself time to make necessary changes to your CV before you make copies and bring them to the fair.
- You can get your CV reviewed through a 1-1 20min appointment. CV Review appointments can be booked upto 2 days in advance, please visit: Improve your CV
- Bring several copies of your CV with you.
- Examine the list of employers that will be offering jobs at the Work Fair. This list contains information about the vacancies on offer. You can find out more about the employers that will be at the Work Fair by clicking the company logos to be directed to their websites.
Employers at the fair will be giving out application forms to students interested in their vacancies.
Take the forms away from the fair and complete them carefully and thoroughly checking them for mistakes before sending them to employers. Completing an application form in a hurry at the fair may make your application look untidy and you may make mistakes. Make sure you get the correct contact details from employers to return applications.