Develop your skills
Careers & Employability can help you develop your skills as a current student or a graduate.
Developing Skills for Employability
Key Employability Skills
Employability is defined in line with the University Employability Policy and Strategy, as “the capability to secure and maintain satisfactory work”, and is all about what skills you have and how you can demonstrate to employers that you have these skills.
Much of the ordinary, everyday activity that students undertake can make a contribution to their employability development (eg working in groups, planning projects, undertaking part time work, giving presentations).
These key employability skills include:
Other ways to develop your skills
- Workshops and skills development sessions
- Career Planning
- Psychometric Testing: Online tests, bookable workshops
- Enterprise: webpages for information and help with setting up in business and becoming an entrepreneur!
- Skills for Learning
- Considering leaving/changing your course
- Graduate Gateway can help unemployed graduates.
- Postgraduate study & research
- Part-time work