International Support Fund
Note: Our financial support schemes are reviewed and updated annually. The information contained on this page is in relation to the available funds in 2021/22 academic year. We will release the details of our financial support schemes for the 2022/23 academic year in September 2022.
The purpose of the International Support Fund is to help international students who are experiencing an unplanned and unpredictable expenditure or disruption to your source of finance for fee repayments and living costs that has arisen as a result of a significant and unexpected event that could not have been predicted in your financial planning.
All international students (including European) undergraduate and postgraduate students who are registered on a course are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria.
- You have registered for your current academic year
- You or your sponsor have suffered an unprecedented event which could not have been predicted and is causing you severe financial hardship
- The unprecedented event took place after you registered for your current academic year and paid any deposit required
You will need to provide with your application:
- Three-month bank statement for all bank accounts in your name
- A personal statement about your current situation
- Any other evidence of any incoming money and expenditure e.g. wages, rent
How to apply
Applications can be made throughout the academic year and the fund will close on 31st August 2022.
We aim to give you a decision in writing within five working days of receiving your completed application and we may consider cases where students do not meet all the eligibility criteria so please do contact us if you are in financial hardship.
To find out about the International Crisis Fund and Emergency Funding Support please contact us.
Phone: 0161 295 0023
Full guidance on eligibility and how we assess applications is available here.