International Support Fund
The purpose of the International Support Fund is to help international students who are experiencing an unplanned and unpredictable expenditure or disruption to your source of finance for fee repayments and living costs that has arisen as a result of a significant and unexpected event that could not have been predicted in their financial planning (this includes the current COVID-19 pandemic).
All international students (including European) undergraduate and postgraduate students who are registered on a course are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria.
- You have registered for your current academic year
- You or your sponsor have suffered an unprecedented event which could not have been predicted and is causing you severe financial hardship
- The unprecedented event took place after you registered for your current academic year and paid any deposit required
You will need to provide with your application:
- Three-month bank statement for all bank accounts in your name
- A personal statement about your current situation
- Any other evidence of any incoming money and expenditure e.g. wages, rent
Applications can be made throughout the academic year and the fund usually closes for a short period over summer.
We aim to give you a decision in writing within five working days of receiving your completed application and we may consider cases where students do not meet all the eligibility criteria so please do contact us if you are in financial hardship.
To find out about the International Crisis Fund and Emergency Funding Support please contact us.
Phone: 0161 295 0023
To minimise the impact of Covid-19 on our students, from 8 March we will be temporarily relaxing the evidence and assessment criteria. Seer the askUS International Support Fund Temporary Guidance from 8 March 2021.
Full guidance on eligibility and how we assess applications is available here.