Accessing the Faith Centre during COVID-19
We are delighted to be able to re-open the Faith Centre for personal prayer and reflection. We have made some changes to ensure the space is compliant with COVID-19 safety regulations and a full risk assessment for our faith provision has been undertaken.
- The Faith Centre will be open from 9am-7pm, Monday to Friday. The building will be closed at the weekend.
- The Quiet Rooms around campus will be open in line with building opening times.
- The Chaplains remain available virtually, during their working hours, to staff and students and can be contacted via Teams or their email address. You can book an appointment with a Chaplain through Advantage.
Faith Centre changes to facilities
- All users must swipe in and out using their staff or student ID card to gain access to the building throughout the day.
- Unfortunately, the building is not available for community use at this time.
- All users are encouraged to use the QR code displayed in the entrance to support NHS Track and Trace.
- The social space has been closed.
- The community kitchen has been closed but the Kosher kitchen remains available with a single occupancy restriction.
- Wherever possible, ablutions should be undertaken at home to reduce touchpoints and delays for those who cannot ablute at home. The ablutions are still available with reduced occupancy.
- The Chapel and Prayer Hall are open with social distancing measures in place reducing capacity.
- No holy books will be available to use.
- Furniture should not be moved within this space.
- There are no bookable meeting rooms.
- The Quiet Room remains open for quiet contemplation, with single occupancy only.
- Seats have been provided to use only whilst taking your shoes off and putting them back on.
- The shoe racks have been closed. Please use your own bags to keep your shoes and other belongings with you whilst you pray.
- Friday prayers are on hold during December lockdown. See guidance here.
Quiet Rooms in Allerton, Maxwell and MCUK
- All Quiet Rooms are now single occupancy only. If a Quiet Room is not free, please wait outside the room until it becomes free or return later.
- Follow all guidance for cleaning and room use as displayed inside and outside the room.
- No prayer mats or religious books will be available. Bring your own and take home with you.
Personal safety in all Faith spaces
- Please use hand sanitiser as you enter and as you leave this space.
- Please observe social distancing at all times.
- You must wear a face covering at all times within the Faith Centre.
- To ensure social distancing, you should only pray in the designated spaces.
- Please keep all belongings with you at all times (including your shoes in a plastic bag).
- Please clean touch points before and after use with the cleaning equipment provided.
- Windows must remain open at all times.