Skip to main content

Current students

We support students with help and advice on all aspects of housing throughout your time at accommodation:

- Advice & assistance on moving into, out of or between accommodation sites and future accommodation options

- What you need to do if you want to leave your current residence and transfer to a different one

- If you are having difficulties with your current residence then it is important that you report any issues to the site reception or landlord in the first instance.

Contact us:

Room move requests and Requests to leave

You can apply to transfer to an alternative room or block usually by completing request to move rooms form which is  usually available from the main reception desk at your residence

If you would rather talk to someone not connected to your residence, you can contact or visit askUS and discuss your transfer with a member of staff here.  

If you are withdrawing or suspending your studies and want to leave your residence, you need to notify your accommodation provider and discuss your options with them, for more information on leaving contracts early please check our factsheets, Leaving a tenancy early and Contracts

You must always discuss your suspension or withdrawal with your school office or personal tutor. askUS will also be able to offer you support - you may find it useful to talk to them before making any decisions. The Money Advice and Funding Team can offer advice on how your fee loan or maintenance payments will be affected by a withdrawal or suspension of studies.

If you are thinking of moving out of your residence but continuing to study at the University, for example to move into private-rented accommodation, make sure you have read and understood the cancellation policy in your contract.