GPs and hospitals
Make sure you register with a GP as soon as you arrive at the University. Don’t wait until you are ill – it will delay you in getting the treatment you need.
University Medical Centre
If you are living in campus accommodation or around the area of the University, you should register with the University’s Medical Centre on the third floor of the Maxwell Building, Peel Park Campus.
- Telephone number: 0161 295 4209 or 0161 295 4287
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00 (term-time) and 09:00 to 13:00 (outside of term time).
As part of your health check when you register with the doctor you will be offered the following vaccines:
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR) and Meningitis ACWY. These vaccinations will help protect you from these serious illness which are easily spread between students and can cause death or have life-limiting impacts.
Students with families
If you are a student living in accommodation near to campus with a family, you can register the whole family at Langworthy Road Medical Practice.
- Address: 250 Langworthy Road, Salford M6 5WW
- Telephone number: 08444 778765
Other GP services in the area
If you don’t live near to campus, you can find other GP services local to your area by clicking here.
Before you go to a hospital’s Accident & Emergency (A&E), consider if your condition is serious enough to warrant it. Hospitals in Manchester are under serious pressure and waiting times in A&E can be very long.
If you have a life threatening or serious injury or condition, including a mental health crisis, call an ambulance on 999.
You can find NHS advice on when to go to A&E here.
Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9WL. 0161 276 1234
Walk –in support
City Health Centre, Second Floor (Boots), 32 Market Street, City Centre, Manchester, M1 1PL. 0161 8396227 . Open 8.00am – 8.00pm