Food: on campus and off campus
Getting the food you love makes a massive difference to your quality of life. Find out more about our campus food outlets below, and some advice on where you can get specialist food locally.
With Salfood outlets spread across the campus you are never far away from a fresh coffee or a light bite. To find out more about what Salfood offers visit their web pages, and for details of what’s on offer at each outlet and opening times click here.
Salford and Manchester are hugely diverse cities, and you should be able to find what you want in terms of restaurants , cafes or places to buy your supplies. The list below isn’t exhaustive, and we’re not recommending or endorsing these outlets, but it might give you a start in terms of finding you what you need.
- Piccadilly Street Food market – every Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Piccadilly Gardens 11.30 -5.00pm
- Arndale Market – open every day (check website for times)
Supermarkets in Salford
- Tesco Extra, Pendleton Way, Salford
- Salford Shopping Centre – Aldi, Farmfoods, Iceland, Heron Foods
- MediaCityUK – Booths
Specialist food outlets
- Salford Afro-Carribean Food Store – 225 Eccles New Road, Salford
- Kobolo Kosher Food shop – 28 Wellington Street East, Salford
- Halpern’s Kosher Food Store – 57-59 Leicester Road, Broughton, Salford
- Kashmir Mart – 12-16 Bury Old Road, Manchester
- Chinese Quarter, Manchester City Centre (around Charlotte Street / George Street) – a number of supermarkets including Siam Smiles, Woo Sang, Hang Won Hong, Wing Fat
- Worldwide Foods – 401 Great Western Street, Manchester
- Global African Ltd – 78 Hulme High Street, Manchester
- Middle East Mini Market – 235 Wilmslow Road, Manchester
If you know of a specialist food outlet that other students would like to know about, let us know! askUS@salford.ac.uk