University Strategic Plan
Transforming our University
Our University aspires to be in the top quartile of UK universities by 2017 measured by our ranking in the standard league tables. This means we will need to transform our performance in the core business of our University by being positioned in the first quartile in UK universities in both teaching quality (we are currently fourth quartile) and our research and innovation (we are currently second quartile).
Our Strategic Plan 2009/10 to 2017/18 – Transforming our University - sets out the means by which we will meet our challenges and realise our aspirations up to 2017 when we celebrate 50 years as a Chartered University.
University of Salford Strategic Plan
The University’s Strategic Plan framework shows our mission and vision, our six strategic goals - and four of our organising themes. These have been chosen to reflect our current strengths and the opportunities derived from change and challenge in the national and global economies.
Our Strategic Plan is driven by an overarching vision, mission and set of values which will communicate our broad direction and guide our principles.
Our vision has now been defined and is what we as an organisation aspire to be:
“The University of Salford will be, by 2017, an outstanding University renowned for the quality of its engagement, humanity, global reach and leadership in research, innovation and education.”
Our mission is:
"Salford is an enterprising University which transforms individuals and communities through excellent teaching, research, innovation and engagement."
In common with all progressive organisations, we have developed the following set of shared values in the governance and management of our University.
- The highest academic, professional and ethical standards and service to our stakeholders, clients and partners and, in particular, putting our students first
- Supporting our people and recognising and rewarding excellence and leadership
- Working together for the advancement of the University
- Innovation, creativity, enterprise, courage
- Diversity, humanity, fairness and respect
- Pride in our heritage and the distinctive difference we make to the world
- Investing passion in all that we do.