The development and strengthening of partnerships is pivotal to delivering the University’s Strategic Plan and is inherent to the University’s Mission, Vision and Values. All partnership activity with the University will be predicated on the University’s values that have been iterated in the Strategic Plan 2009/10-2017/18.
Partnership activity embraces working very closely with the local community, regionally, nationally and internationally and spans across academic teaching and learning partnerships, research, community engagement, business and industry related activity.
In the development of partnerships, the University of Salford espouses and promotes the following values and behaviours:
- The highest academic, professional and ethical standards
- Service to our stakeholders, clients and partners and, in particular, putting our students first
- Supporting our people and recognising and rewarding excellence and leadership
- Working together for the advancement of the University
- Innovation, creativity, enterprise, courage
- Diversity, humanity, fairness and respect
- Pride in our heritage and the distinctive difference we make to the world
- Investing passion in all that we do.
The University proactively seeks like minded partners that share similar values and welcomes engagement from potential partners.
The University of Salford Collaborative Provision Strategy sets out the strategic framework within which the University will seek to develop collaborative provision in pursuance of its strategic goals over the period 2012-2017. The strategy will be operationalised through the Collaborative Provision Procedures which form part of the Academic Handbook.