Enhancing Professional Health Care Practice
School - School of Nursing, Midwifery & Social Work
Subject area - Nursing
Start Dates(s): February; September
Entry at Level 6
Full-time: one year – two years
Part-time: one and a half years – five years
UK - £820 per module
Part-time - £820 per module
- Flexibility is central to this programme and you will be able to choose modules suited to your own professional development and widen and deepen knowledge and understanding of your field of practice
- Work related and designed to improve service delivery and patient care
- Develop your abilities to search for and use evidence for decision making at the point of practice
- Part-time study option
- International students can apply
This course is suitable for health and social care students/practitioners working at different levels and within a wide range of service delivery contexts.
It is a top-up programme offering modules at level 6 to enable practitioners to complete their honours degree.
This programme aims to:
- Develop the practitioners’ abilities to search for and critically evaluate evidence for decision making at the point of practice to enhance the patient / client experience
- Support practitioners to develop a systematic understanding of key aspects of their field of practice.
- Utilise learning strategies that facilitates work orientated learning and supports the practitioners in becoming autonomous lifelong learners.
- Enable practitioners to enhance their professional practice through critical application of learning to their chosen area of practice.
- Develop the practitioners to become effective practitioners, leaders and partners enabling them to make a difference to patients and services in an ever changing health and social care environment.
Intake September and February onwards.
To enter at Level 6 you will have a minimum of 120 credits at Level 4 and 120 credits at Level 5 obtained through previous professional study.
If you enter at Level 6 you will complete six 20 credit modules (2 of which are the compulsory modules).
BSc (Hons) Enhancing Professional Health Care Practice
Plus four optional modules from the list below:
Please note that it may not be possible to deliver the full list of options every year as this will depend on factors such as how many students choose a particular option. Exact modules may also vary in order to keep content current. When accepting your offer of a place to study on this programme, you should be aware that not all optional modules will be running each year. Your tutor will be able to advise you as to the available options on or before the start of the programme. Whilst the University tries to ensure that you are able to undertake your preferred options, it cannot guarantee this.