|Type of Study||Fee|
|Full-time||£6,000 (for Foundation Year)|
Business Foundation Year
School - Salford Business School
Subject area - Business and Management
UCAS Code: Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year (NN44), Business and Economics with Foundation Year (N1L2), Business and Financial Management with Foundation Year (N1N4), Business and Management with Foundation Year (N103), Business and Tourism Management with Foundation Year (N804), Business Management with Law with Foundation Year (3N56), Business Management with Sport with Foundation Year (N2C7), Corporate Law with Foundation Year (8D34), Enterprise Leadership and Management with Foundation Year (N105), Human Resource Management with Foundation Year (N1N7), International Events Management with Foundation Year (N833), Law with Foundation Year (M101), Law: Media and Digital Industries with Foundation Year (2R15), Law with Criminology with Foundation Year (M1M8), Law with Management with Foundation Year (6N49), Marketing with Foundation Year (N1N8), Business Information Technology with Foundation Year (G5N2)
Start Dates(s): September
Year one of a four-year degree
UK - £6,000 (for Foundation Year)
- Intensive modules which provide the requisite background for specific honours courses for those without the necessary qualifications
- Ideal if you're returning to education or seeking to develop your career in a new direction
- A chance to sample the different areas of business at university level with the flexibility of changing between related degree pathways at the end of the Foundation Year to suit your own interests
Places still available for a September start.
Call 0330 108 0001 or visit our Clearing webpage to find out more and apply.
The Foundation Year of the four-year programme aims to provide understanding of the key subjects in business to meet the prerequisites for study on the associated degree programmes (see Course Details).
The Business Foundation Year aims to:
- Improve competence in essential areas of business necessary for progression onto business; accounting; or law degrees.
- Help students understand and apply business concepts to real life organisations;
- Embed academic and employability skills, providing students with the confidence they need to progress on their chosen course and begin considering their entry into the labour market
- Develop communication, IT and study skills
This course will provide a firm grounding in business, preparing you to progress to one of our degree courses. This first-year acts as a ‘Level 0’ foundation year, equipping you with the skills to study at undergraduate level and introducing you to key concepts and ideas. It will provide you with basic knowledge of approaches, concepts, theories and principles.
The foundation level places strong emphasis on the development of relevant study/transferable skills and a responsible approach to learning through a set of compulsory core modules.
Following completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress on to year one of your selected degree for the remainder three years of your course (four years if you are choosing to do a placement).
This programme prepares students to study on the following three-year University undergraduate programmes, meaning the duration of your degree is four years in total (five if you choose to opt for the professional placement year option). See full course details of these degrees, including modules studied, using the links below.
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Business and Economics
- BSc (Hons) Business and Financial Management
- BSc (Hons) Business and Management
- BSc (Hons) Business and Tourism Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) Business Management with Law
- BSc (Hons) Business Management with Sport
- LLB (Hons) Corporate Law
- BSc (Hons) Enterprise, Leadership and Management
- BSc (Hons) Human Resource Management
- BSc (Hons) International Business
- BSc (Hons) International Events Management
- LLB (Hons) Law
- LLB (Hons) Law (Media and Digital Industries)
- LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology
- LLB (Hons) Law with Management
- BSc (Hons) Marketing
Please note that it may not be possible to deliver the full list of options every year as this will depend on factors such as how many students choose a particular option. Exact modules may also vary in order to keep content current. When accepting your offer of a place to study on this programme, you should be aware that not all optional modules will be running each year. Your tutor will be able to advise you as to the available options on or before the start of the programme. Whilst the University tries to ensure that you are able to undertake your preferred options, it cannot guarantee this.