Built Environment Foundation Year
School - School of the Built Environment
Subject area - Built Environment
UCAS Code: Architectural Design Technology with Foundation Year: K194; Architectural Engineering with Foundation Year: K134; Building Surveying with Foundation Year: K232; Construction Project Management with Foundation Year: K208; Property and Real Estate with Foundation Year: K236; Quantity Surveying with Foundation Year: K247; Interior Architecture with Foundation Year K121
Start Date(s): September
Year one of a four year degree
UK - £6,165
- An excellent route into built environment disciplines for those from a non built environment background
- Ideal if you're returning to education or seeking to develop your career in a new direction
- Provides broad education in construction and built environment disciplines
This course is now in clearing.
Please visit www.salford.ac.uk/clearing or call us on 0300 555 5030 to find out more.
The programme aims to give a unified training in construction, surveying and design techniques at Level 3 meeting the prerequisites for Level 4 education in the associated degree programmes. There is an emphasis on both understanding and problem solving in addition to practical and communication skills. This is achieved through a combination of theoretical and practical modules. In theoretical, lecture/tutorial based modules an emphasis is placed on the application of knowledge and techniques through problem solving.
More specifically the aims of the foundation year are to:
- Improve competence in essential areas of built environment professional practice necessary for progression onto design, property, surveying and construction management degrees.
- Develop the technical skills and understanding necessary for progressing in built environment higher education.
- Develop analytical and problem solving skills in built environment discipline areas.
- Develop experimental and IT skills.
- Develop communication and study skills.
This foundation degree prepares students to study on the following University undergraduate programmes:
BSc (Hons) Interior Architecture (Course begins in September 2019)
Please note that it may not be possible to deliver the full list of options every year as this will depend on factors such as how many students choose a particular option. Exact modules may also vary in order to keep content current. When accepting your offer of a place to study on this programme, you should be aware that not all optional modules will be running each year. Your tutor will be able to advise you as to the available options on or before the start of the programme. Whilst the University tries to ensure that you are able to undertake your preferred options, it cannot guarantee this.