What's it all about?
Choosing the right university is a really important decision. You’ll often hear students saying that their university ‘just felt right’ for them and that’s something you can only experience if you visit different universities in person.
As well as finding out about the course you’re interested in studying (or more than one course if you haven’t decided yet!) you’ll have the chance to take a tour of our campus, see our accommodation and chat to some of our current students to get the real story on life at Salford.
Most of our visitors want to find out more about the course they’re interested in studying as their number 1 Open Day activity, but we know everyone’s different. Here’s a quick list of many of the things you can do on the day:
- Attend a course presentation (or two!)
- Visit subject-specific facilities such as labs and simulation suites
- Take a campus tour with our student ambassadors
- Visit our accommodation sites and/or attend a presentation
- Find out more about finance and student support at Salford
- Have a chat with our Students’ Union team
- Ask about support for students with a disability, specific learning difficulty or mental health difficulty. We’re here to help
- Take a tour of the Sports Centre or our fab newly refurbished Library
- See some of our Hidden Gems!
- Talk to us! Ask us any questions you might have, test us!
- Get involved in the chatter #SalfordOpenDay
- Get a feel for the place, see whether you think it’s the right place for you
You’ll have time to plan your day beforehand and we’ll help you out with some suggested itineraries a bit nearer the time.
The Open Day guide will be available for you to download about 2 weeks prior to the event; giving you plenty of time to see what’s happening and plan your day to make the most of your visit.
Our Open Days run from 10am to 4pm and they’re structured to allow you the flexibility to plan your day to suit your needs. There will be talks and tours in both the morning and afternoon across all our campuses and you can plan your schedule by choosing to attend the activities at times that suit you.