Plan your visit
Download the Mini Open Day Guide before you arrive to find out what’s happening and plan how you want to spend your afternoon. Activities start at 2pm and our check-in will start at 1.30pm. Have a look at the map inside the guide to find the check-in point in the middle of Peel Park campus. The check-in for MediaCityUK visitors will be at our campus there, and we recommend you make your way there directly.
What's happening on the day
The Mini Open Day will be based primarily on our Peel Park Campus and will run from 2pm to 5pm on Wednesday 21 November. Tours of our campus and accommodation will be happening throughout the event and we’ll have information stands on student support and finance; accommodation; Sport at Salford and our Students’ Union.
Our academic staff will be available for the course drop in between 3pm-5pm and in some cases will be offering course talks. Alongside this you'll have the chance to:
- Attend a Welcome and Information Talk and hear what makes Salford special;
- Take a campus tour with our student ambassadors;
- Visit our accommodation sites for a tour;
- Find out more about finance and student support at Salford;
- Ask about support for students with a disability, specific learning difficulty or mental health condition. We’re here to help;
- Talk to us! Ask any questions you might have about Salford, applications, UCAS, interviews… we like a challenge!
- Get a feel for the place, see whether you think it’s the right place for you
For the following courses, the Mini Open Day will primarily take place at our MediaCityUK campus:
- Digital Media
- Film Studies
- Film Production
- Games Design and Production
- Journalism (all branches)
- Media Technology
- Post Production and VFX
- TV and Radio
Your welcome talk will take place at MediaCityUK as well as your academic drop in session and in some cases, subject talks will be running too. We’ll be offering campus tours and you’ll have the chance to speak to our askUS team about student support and finance too. Accommodation tours will be available by coach and if you’d like to attend a student support and finance talk, these are offered on our Peel Park campus which is also accessed via the shuttle bus link. You’ll see a dedicated page in the guide for MediaCityUK visitors which explains this in more detail.
See more information below about how to find our MediaCityUK campus.