There are extensive road improvement works taking place around Salford and Manchester which will very likely impact on travel time. For more information about how it may affect you, please visit Transport for Greater Manchester’s Manchester and Salford Inner Relief Route improvement works page.
We have several pay and display car parks on campus and you can also use the PayByPhone app (code 59323 covers all car parks on campus – the maximum cost is £4 for the whole day).
If you're coming by car, we'd suggest you park in Irwell Place car park (postcode: M5 4WT) which is the largest on-campus car park. Please note that it is a teaching day and the campus and car parks will be busy. Here’s a list of our car parks and their postcodes to help you. If you’re attending one of our courses at MediaCityUK, please see the MediaCityUK section below.
- Irwell Place (415 spaces) - use postcode M5 4WT
- Lowry accommodation (204 spaces) - use postcode M5 4RB
- Delaney accommodation (115 spaces) - use postcode M5 4RB
- Allerton (351 spaces) - use postcode M6 6PU
- Mary Seacole (198 spaces) - use postcode M6 5ST
- Farmer Norton (400 spaces) - use postcode M3 6EQ
*Please note that the car park in front of Salford Museum & Art Gallery does not belong to the University, so is subject to parking charges on the day.*