Teachers and Advisors
We work closely with teachers and careers advisers on a range of issues relating to studying at Salford and to higher education in general.
We are happy to come to your school, college or organisation and deliver presentations to you and your colleagues on higher education issues, the University in general and specific courses at Salford.
We can arrange for you to visit the University and meet with admissions tutors and view our campus and facilities.
We have a wealth of information on our website
- Accommodation- details of our accommodation provision
- Student support - including details on health and wellbeing, employment
- Fees and finance - details on our fees, discounts and awards as well as loans and grants
- Applying - details on how to apply and what happens next
Teachers Conference, Tuesday 30 April 2013
We will be hosting a teachers conference on Tuesday 30 April 2013 at our new state-of-the art MediaCityUK facility. Further details, a conference programme and booking form will appear on this page soon. If you would like to register your interest in the conference please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We produce a dedicated electronic newsletter three times a year for teachers and careers advisers.Launchpad contains information on courses, developments at the University and focuses on our students, past and present. Sign up for our newsletter so we can keep you up-to-date.
- UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) handle all applications for full-time undergraduate courses. As well as information on courses and the application process, the website also contains information for parents and advisers
- Information for advisers on student support packages and the application process for English domiciled students can be found on the Student Finance England practitioners website. Information for students can be found on the Direct.gov.uk website
- Uniaid – interactive workshops linked to the National Curriculum for teachers wanting to help students with student finance.
- Information on graduate destinations by subject is available on the Prospects website
- The Institute of Career Guidance has an HE Advisers Community of Interest for practitioners concerned with guidance issues related particularly to entry to higher education and also the graduate employment implications of those choices