Going to university affects all family members, whether you are a parent or supporter, and we recognise the important part that you play in helping young people make informed decisions about what and where to study.
We are committed to supporting students and parents so we’ve put this information together as a starting point to help you through the university application process.
We hold dedicated information sessions for parents and carers at our undergraduate open days to help you become more informed about issues surrounding university education. Sessions include guidance on student finance, student life and how to support your son or daughter through their university course.
Why choose Salford?
- Great location we're only a mile and a half from Manchester city centre, so close you can walk
- We have over course- use our new Course Finder to find out more about the courses we offer
- Greater knowledge of a subject such as English or Physics can lead onto a wide range of careers
- Gain improved employability prospects in many careers such as Building Surveying or Nursing
- A wider choice of careers are made available. For example, a degree in Exercise, Physical Activity & Health can lead to careers in teaching, exercise referral or sports development
- Our Careers & Employability Service helps students find employment while studying and on graduation
- Many of our courses are accredited by professional bodies providing the opportunity to gain a professional membership and a professional qualification. For example Construction Management or Psychology
- Work placements form an integral part of most of our courses
- New experiences such as working or studying abroad with courses such as Wildlife and Practical Conservation or Languages are available
- We have a dedicated Student Life team who provide advice and support to all students on a range of issues such as finance, health and wellbeing and disability
- Students will be given a personal tutor – the first port of call for any issues relating to academic performance
- A guarantee of accommodation for all first year students we’re ideally suited whether your son or daughter wants to live at home or away