University of Salford Manchester

How to apply

We try to make applying to Salford as flexible and straightforward as possible. If you have any queries or concerns, please just ask.

All applications to the University should be made through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service), apart from:

Applications through UCAS

Other applications

There are only a few types of application which are exempt from one of these systems. For example, for some foundation programmes applications should be made on a University of Salford application form, please contact our Course Enquiries Service on +44 (0)161 295 4545 for advice.

Policy statement on equality and diversity

The University is committed to and strives for equality of opportunity for all its students and staff (existing and prospective) and will recognise and celebrate their diversity. For this statement and strategy to be made a reality, effective leadership and management will be provided and a corresponding commitment sought from every member of staff and all the student body. In practice this means that we:

  • are committed to providing an environment where all people are respected and treated fairly regardless of irrelevant characteristics or distinctions
  • will develop a culture in which diversity is celebrated
  • will not discriminate unfairly or illegally against anyone and will take positive action to promote equality, diversity and fair access
  • embed equality and diversity at the heart of our mission and values; this will include taking action against individuals who behave in a discriminatory manner


If you have been dissatisfied with our admissions process please follow our admissions complaints procedure.

*Applying for a top-up course

If you are currently studying a Foundation Degree at one of our Partner Colleges and wish to top up your award to an Honours Degree, you should apply directly to the University by completing our Undergraduate Studies direct application form.

Information on the courses available to you to apply for are available from staff at your College.