Skip to main content

Applied? Here’s what to do next

Visas and immigration

Visas and CAS

If you need a Tier 4 visa to study a full-time course at the University of Salford, please read our FAQs about obtaining this visa. You should use the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number provided by our admissions team to apply for your visa as early as possible.

The CAS number can only be issued a maximum of four months before your course start date and you can only make your visa application a maximum of three months before your course start date. To find out what is needed for a CAS number, please take a look at our FAQs.

Funding and visa refusals

In order to apply successfully for a student visa/entry clearance, visa regulations now require international students to have a minimum income of £1015 per month for 9 months or the duration of your course, whichever is shorter. You should have this amount in your bank account at least 28 days before you apply for your visa.

UK Visas and Immigration have strict requirements about the evidence they will accept that shows this. In most cases of visas being refused, the applicant has not provided the right evidence to prove that they have sufficient funds. In order to avoid a visa refusal, please read the UK government’s advice on applying for a tier 4 visa.

You can also find helpful information on our immigration and visas webpage, and you can contact our international team on