To help you keep track of the key dates in the application cycle, we’ve put together this handy list of dates you need to be aware of.
- Now: As soon as you've applied for a course you should start thinking about student finance. You can see what finance is available to you using this online calculator. You can apply for student finance even if you’ve not accepted any of your offers yet. Aim to have applied for student finance by the end of May 2018, to ensure you receive your money at the start of term.
- 3 May 2018: If you’ve heard back from all of the universities you have applied to by 31 March 2018, you must choose your firm and insurance choices by today.
- 31 May 2018: If you plan on applying for a student loan, today is the deadline to submit your application in order to guarantee that you’ll receive your money at the start of the September term.
- 16 August 2018: A-level results day.
- 23 August 2018: GCSE results day.
- 10 September 2018: International Welcome.
- 17 – 23 September 2018: Welcome and Registration Week.
- 24 September 2018: Teaching starts for September entry courses.
- 24 September 2018 – 14 January 2019: Trimester 1.
- 17 December 2018 – 6 January 2019: Christmas vacation.
- 8 January - 19 January 2019: Trimester 1 exam period.
- 28 January – 20 May 2019: Trimester 2.
- 8 April – 22 April 2019: Easter vacation.
- 7 May – 25 May 2019: Trimester 2 exam period.
- 3 June – 2 September 2019: Trimester 3*.
- 20 August 2019 – 7 September 2019: Trimester 3 exam period.
* The majority of courses do not have teaching during trimester 3, however if you are on an accelerated course, a course with a mid-year start, or a course aligned to a health care profession, you will be taught during this period.
Please add an accordion folder asset id and check your assets are live.