Skip to main content


One of the most important decisions you’ll make about your life as a Salford student is where you’re going to live.

Accommodation at Salford is managed by our accommodation partners, Campus Living Villages (CLV) and we have two accommodation villages.

Peel Park Quarter accommodation

Peel Park Quarter (PPQ) is our on-campus accommodation, based on our main campus just a stone’s throw away from lectures and other university facilities. All accommodation at PPQ is ensuite and rooms start from £130 per week for Bronze rooms up to £153.50 per week for Diamond rooms (prices based on 2019 entry and still subject to approval).

A room in Peel Park Campus

John Lester/Eddie Colman Court accommodation

These are based around a ten minute walk from our Frederick Road campus and are the closest halls of residence to our MediaCityUK campus. Prices for John Lester/Eddie Colman court start at £92.50 per week for Bronze rooms and go up to £119 per week for Diamond specification (prices based on 2019 entry and still subject to approval).

A room in John Lester Court

How to apply

Applications for both sites are made through the CLV website and you will require a £200 deposit to secure your room. If you have any queries about your application, you can contact CLV directly on The rooms here are popular and fill up quickly, so we'd recommend you book your place early. You'll need your student ID to make an application, which you can find at the bottom of any emails you've received from us.

If you’d prefer to look off campus for your accommodation while at Salford, our recommendation is that you visit www.manchesterstudenthomes who offer free house-hunting advice. They only work with fully accredited landlords and will help to keep tenants informed about their rights during their tenancy. There are a number of accredited accommodation choices within close proximity to the University.

Manchester Student Homes have also created an International Friendly Standard to recognise those landlords and private halls who provide a fair and transparent service to international students in regards to bookings and contractual terms, as well as going that extra mile in the level of service they provide to international students.

We’re ideally placed for public transport links, with Salford Crescent train station right on campus. There are regular bus routes along the Crescent into Manchester and it’s only a 20 minute walk into the city centre.

There's a Metrolink tram stop right outside our MediaCityUK campus building, and students can use their Salford ID cards to travel for free on the 50 bus between main campus and MediaCityUK.

If, for whatever reason, you have not been able to find a place to live, or if you’re having problems with your landlord, your house or anything else accommodation related, our askUS student support team can help. They can be contacted on

The University does not directly manage any accommodation and we can’t always resolve issues but we may be able to help in different ways and provide advice.

We’ve built our campus with everyone who uses it in mind – our students, staff, businesses and local residents - and created a space where everyone feels welcome. Our friendly security team is consistently recognised and accredited for their efforts in keeping everyone safe on campus. They're available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 

We've recently become a founding member of the ProtectED scheme, a not-for-profit membership organisation which supports student safety, security and wellbeing. This means that we adhere to a strict code of practice that ensures students are protected not only while they are on campus, but throughout their entire student experience. 

You can find out more about ProtectED here: