Research study at Salford
Salford is a research-driven university, using innovation and creativity to find solutions to ‘real-world’ problems. Our multi-disciplinary research environment is recognised nationally and around the world.
Our research is grouped around our research centres, the centres cover areas under our four strategic interdisciplinary research themes; Built Environment, Energy,Health & Wellbeing, Media, Digital Technology and the Creative Economy. Please use the Research Centre search box for a list of our research centres and find out more about the research that is currently being undertaken.
- 83% of our research was rated as 'internationally recognised' in the last Government Research Assessment Exercise (RAE 2008)
- Our practical, solutions-driven research is focused on benefiting industry and government
- We offer a number of Graduate Teaching Studentships for suitably qualified candidates wishing to study for a PhD
- You can choose from a wide range of flexible study options, including the opportunity to spend part of your research time studying abroad
- Annual Salford postgraduate research conference offering the chance for researchers from all disciplines to exchange ideas and share research practices
- The Graduate studies team blog offers information and reflections on relevant events, resources and debates, with a particular emphasis on postgraduate skills training, teaching and web technologies
Our researchers are internationally renowned and pushing at the frontiers of their disciplines and as such offer a wealth of supervisory opportunities. To find out about our staff and research projects they are involved in please use our Staff Expertise search facility.