What are the benefits of doing a top-up?
The University of Salford is working in close collaboration with Edexcel International. This means that we are one of a small number of preferred UK study locations for students who have studied for Edexcel HND qualifications outside the United Kingdom.
The University has assessed the syllabi of the various HND programmes and are able to offer students across the world the opportunity to complete their degree as a 'Top-Up' - obtaining a Bachelor degree with Honours by studying for a little longer at the University of Salford to complete your studies.
Students with good grades on their Edexcel programmes could be part-way to securing a degree qualification at the University of Salford, as we offer a range of top-up degree options, for business, computing, engineering and technology students.
How long does it take?
Topping-up your HND will typically take between nine and twenty-three months of further study. The time period will depend on what grades you achieved in your HND and what degree you want to do. You will be given guidance before you start the course on the best options for you.
Please ensure that when you are applying you specify which level you wish to join. Normally students will be permitted to join in the second year with a HND, although non-engineering and science subjects normally permit final year (3) entry.
Salford Business School
- BSc (Hons) Business and Management Studies
- BSc (Hons) Business and Management Studies with Law
- BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) Business Studies with Financial Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Studies with Human Resource Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Studies with International Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Studies with Marketing Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Studies with Quantitative Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Business with Economics
- BSc (Hons) Finance and Accounting
- BA (Hons) Hospitality and Tourism Management
- BA (Hons) Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Leisure and Tourism Management
- BA (Hons) Sport and Leisure Management
- BA (Hons) Tourism Management
School of Computing, Science and Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Aeronautical Engineering (H405)
- BEng (Hons) Audio Acoustics (with pathways) (H341)
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering (H201)
- BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering (H208)
- BEng (Hons) Civil and Architectural Engineering (HK2C)
- BSc (Hons) Computer & Video Games (G470)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Networks (G421)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (G400)
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (H304)
- BSc (Hons) Multimedia & Technology (H620)
- BEng (Hons) Petroleum and Mechanical Engineering (H8H3)
- BSc (Hons) Physics (F300)
- BSc (Hons) Physics with Acoustics (F384)
- BSc (Hosn) Professional Sound & Video Technology (H649)
- BSc (Hons) Pure and Applied Physics (F310)
- BSc (Hons) Software Engineering (G600)
School of the Built Environment
School of Environment & Life Science