How to apply
Please see our Course Finder for information on all our courses.
1. Postgraduate research (e.g. PhD, MRes)
- Apply online – begin your online application for any postgraduate research course
- We recommend you read our Guidance Notes on applying for postgraduate research at Salford.
2. Postgraduate taught (e.g.“Masters”, MSc, MA, MBA, LLM, PgDip, PgCert)
- Apply online (Recommended) – begin your online application for any postgraduate taught course
Please have your certificates and transcripts ready to upload when you start the online application.
Online application - what happens next?
- You will receive an email acknowledgement when your application is received
- When your application has been carefully considered by our admissions tutors, we will write to you by email to inform you of the outcome of your application, or to request any further information we may require to make a decision
- If you have any questions about the progress of your application please email our Postgraduate Admissions Team
- Apply by post, fax, or email. If you prefer to complete a paper copy of the postgraduate taught application form it may take longer for you to receive a reply. This is why we recommend you to apply online if possible.
We recommend you read our Guidance Notes on applying for postgraduate study at Salford.
3. Undergraduate (e.g. “Bachelors”, BSc, BA, BEng, MEng, LLB, HND, FdSc, International Foundation Year)
- Apply via UCAS
The University of Salford uses the UCAS application system for undergraduate applications (BA, BSc, BEng, MEng, HND, FdSc, LLB). UCAS is the central admissions service for universities in the UK. When you apply, you will need to quote the institution code S03, the institution code name SALF, and the course code for your chosen course (see our Course Finder). Leave the campus code blank.
- Applications for the Graduate Diploma in Health and the Graduate Certificate in Management should be made by completing the undergraduate application form and returned to the address on the form.
- Application deadline
It is strongly recommended that you make your application without delay. The UCAS system shows which courses are still available at Salford.
- Foundation courses
Students wishing to join our International Foundation Year should apply directly to the university and not by using UCAS.
4. English Language courses (e.g. English Study Programme, Summer English Study Programme)
The School runs English Language courses all year round for international students who wish to improve their English. They are designed to improve your skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking and will help you with grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Please apply by following the links below:
- Summer English Study Programme (a 5, 10, or 15-week pre-sessional course)
- English Study Programme (available all year round, flexible course duration)
The University of Salford is a founding member of the Northern Consortium (NCUK). Students on Northern Consortium courses should apply via NCUK.
HND students in China
Students following HND courses in China may apply directly for final year courses in Salford Business School. Please contact us for an application form, quoting your: name, date of birth, the HND course you are studying, and the name of your university.
Assistance with your application
You may be able to get assistance with your application from one of our official education consultants around the world. In addition, we would be happy to answer any questions you may have:
Ask a question
Already made an application?
If you apply to study with us, we will keep in touch with you about your application and about scholarships and events of interest to you via our special firstname.lastname@example.org email address. To make your application process as quick and smooth as possible and to make sure you receive everything you need from us,
please make sure you add this email address to your email browser's trusted sender list.