University of Salford Manchester

University living

One of the most important decisions that prospective students need to make is where they are going to live.  

My son or daughter would prefer to live at home whilst studying…

If your son or daughter decides to commute then Salford is easily accessible. Salford Crescent train station is located in the centre of our campus and we are on a major bus route in/out of Manchester city centre. 

My son or daughter would prefer to live in university accommodation

At Salford we have over 2,400 bedrooms available that are all either on campus or just a short walk away, providing a range of self-catered accommodation options, with varying contract lengths to suit student' needs.  

What accommodation sites are there?

We have three accommodation sites:

  • Peel Park Quarter - Based in the heart of the campus, our brand new £81m accommodation development offers state of the art student living across 1,367 en-suite rooms. 
  • John Lester and Eddie Colman Courts - Having undergone refurbishment in 2009, this site is across the road from our Allerton campus, making it an ideal choice for students on Health course.
  • Bramall Court - Less than one mile from the main campus, Bramall Court is the closest site to Manchester city centre and has standard, large and extra-large rooms available.  

How can we see the accommodation?

You can see our accommodation on one of our open days

What is included in the cost of accommodation?

All of our accommodation is of a high standard and offers furnished, self-catered, single study bedrooms in flats of 2-10. Access-controlled car parking is provided at each site and there is either a member of University staff or security personnel available 24 hours a day.

The benefit of choosing our accommodation means that your son or daughter's weekly rent will include:

  • All utilities (gas, water, electricity)  
  • Contents insurance  
  • High speed Wi-Fi  
  • Regular social events  

Does my son or daughter need to bring anything with him/her?

Students living in University accommodation usually need to provide their own bedding, cutlery, and crockery. Typically kitchens will be furnished with white goods and a microwave, kettle and toaster. It is worth waiting until your son/daughter moves in before purchasing lots of kitchen items, as between  their flatmates they may already have it all.

How does my son or daughter apply for accommodation?

Applications for all our accommodation sites are done online.

Please note, that whilst your son/daughter can reserve a room in accommodation, it will not be confirmed until they have accepted an unconditional offer to study at Salford.

For more information on our accommodation, please click here.